Sales Support Intern
Oklahoma Living magazine is the state’s largest subscription-based monthly publication reaching nearly 350,000 subscribers and 860,000 readers. The magazine is a trade publication published by the Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives.
Oklahoma Living is currently pursuing a sales/business student for a paid internship ($12/hour) for up to 20 hours a week. This is a research role in which the intern will work closely with the advertising manager.
The intern will receive experience in:
- Calling prospecting customers to gain contact information
- Building and managing prospecting lists
- Conducting research and identifying areas of opportunity for OKL
- Participating in sales meetings and assisting advertising manager with follow up
- Developing email strategies for communicating with key clients, past and future
- Assisting with drafting sales prospecting plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material and other documents as required
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales, or related degree from an accredited college or university
- Able to work up to 20 hours per week
- Strong confidence level in verbal communications, specifically on the phone
- Excellent email communications
- Proven analytical problem-solving ability
- Comfortable working with sales rejections
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities and/or service organizations
- Ability to take initiative
Hours will be flexible to accommodate student’s class schedule. Oklahoma Living is produced in its Oklahoma City office.
Send resume and work samples to:
Macey Turley, advertising manager. Email Macey.