Oklahoma Living magazine is the state’s largest subscription-based monthly publication reaching nearly 350,000 subscribers and 860,000 readers. The magazine is a trade publication published by the Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives.
Oklahoma Living is currently pursuing a bright journalism and/or multimedia student for a paid internship ($12/hour) for 20 hours a week. This is an educational role in which interns will work closely with the managing editor as well as the multimedia specialist.
The intern will have the opportunity to be involved in every facet of magazine publishing, as well as be a part of our publisher’s communication team. In turn, the intern will receive valuable pieces for their portfolio and training from a nationally recognized magazine staff.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Photography and videography skills
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Excellent organization skills
- Solid writing skills for feature and news writing
- Knowledge of Associated Press style
- Great attitude, work ethic, and professionalism
Hours will be flexible to accommodate student’s class schedule. Ideally, the internship will last for one calendar year. Oklahoma Living is produced in its Oklahoma City office.
Send resume and work samples to:
Hayley Leatherwood, Managing Editor, email@example.com
The deadline to apply is Friday, December 17, 2021.