- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 14-oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces frozen Italian-style meatballs
- 20 ounces frozen spring vegetable mix (carrots, summer squash, asparagus, bell peppers, etc.)
- 64 ounces low-sodium beef broth
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi (in the pasta aisle)*
- 4 cups chopped kale or baby spinach, packed
To a large pot over medium heat, add the oil, onions, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the gnocchi and kale. Bring the pot to a boil, reduce the heat to low, place lid on the pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the gnocchi and kale or spinach. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the gnocchi are done. (If using tortellini, cook for 7 to 9 minutes.) Serve with shredded parmesan cheese.
*Or substitute a 19-ounce bag frozen cheese tortellini.