- 2 frozen bananas*
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Milk, as needed
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Almond butter (substitute for peanut butter)
- Powdered peanut butter (substitute for peanut butter)
To a blender, add frozen bananas, yogurt, and peanut butter, along with any optional ad-ins; blend until smooth. Depending on the blender and ad-ins, more liquid may be needed. Add milk a tablespoon at a time to produce a thick, creamy consistency.
*Tip: Peel bananas, cut into small rounds, and freeze on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag for use in smoothies. This is a great way to use up overripe bananas.