- 8 ounce package of Hiland cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 large jalapeño peppers
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Head Country Original Championship Seasoning
- 12 slices Bar-S smoked bacon
- 1/2 cup Southern Roots Sisters’ Peach Pepper Jam
- 1 jar Augusto’s Green Sauce (for dipping)
- Parchment paper
Peach jam and bacon give a smoky sweetness to these poppers.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place cream cheese in large mixing bowl and allow it to soften. Split the peppers lengthwise, remove and discard the seeds and veins. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Make the filling by combining cream cheese with cheddar cheese. Add the seasoning and mix well using a rubber spatula. Stuff the jalapeños by dividing the filling between the halved jalapeños (about 1 tablespoon per half). Smooth out the filling so it is flush with the tops of the peppers. Remove the bacon from the package, and cut each slice in half. Wrap each half slice of bacon around each stuffed pepper. Secure with a toothpick and arrange on the parchment-lined pan. Bake the poppers for about 20 minutes, until the bacon is crispy and the filling is melted and lightly browned. Remove pan from oven and coat the poppers using 1⁄2 cup of the Peach Pepper Jam and a pastry brush. Return the poppers to the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. Once removed allow these to cool until the filling begins to set up. Serve with a side of Augusto’s Green Sauce for dipping.