THIS 'N' THAT | March 2018
Browse submissions from our co-op members, trade off ideas and submit your requests or ideas at the bottom of this page.
Deadline for “This ‘N’ That” is the 10th of each month. Submissions will be published free of charge, and will run on a first-come, first-served basis. Oklahoma Living will not guarantee publication of all submissions.
Looking for photos to honor the Oklahoma Department of Transportation “Fallen Highway Workers." ODPT has set up a webpage “Fallen Highway Workers” for the 60 ODOT employees who fell in the line of duty. ODOT requests assistance in locating pictures of the following fallen employees:
- Judd Faudree, December 29, 2005
- Carolyn Woods, December 1998
- Herbert A. Albers, June 15, 1994
- Roy B. Bowman, September 7, 1993
- Robert Keesee, March 10, 1988
- V. Lanell Shindler, July 26, 1982
- Paul E. Hatcher, January 24, 1979
- James D. Berry, September 6, 1978
- Joe K. Battle, July 24, 1978
- Oscar Standeford, Jr., September 7, 1977
- Orville E. Holman, October 7, 1975
- John E. Botts, October 10, 1973
- Clarence Maggard, March 13, 1973
- Oather J. Dryden, February 19, 1972
- Luey V. Holland, July 16, 1971
- Donald Killiam, June 8, 1970
- F.W. Motley, September 2, 1958
- Sammie D. Wilson, August 10, 1967
- Norris D. Crager, July 28, 1967
- Overton Love, November 22, 1966
- Carl M. Strain, December 3, 1965
- James Earldon Rose, November 8, 1965
- F. Leonard Stroyick, May 25, 1965
- Hugh E. Storts, July 3, 1964
- Alex Manous, April 1, 1964
- Clarence L. Clay, July 24, 1963
- Leonard Spain, June 4, 1963
- William S. Nichols, May 7, 1963
- Cecil Honsinger, October 7, 1960
- Coy Blair, December 24, 1958
- Arthur L. Dooley, November 27, 1958
- Alex Morgan, November 27, 1958
- James Johnson, August 8, 1958
- Connell R. Duncan, June 19, 1958
- Lawrence A. Felkel, Jr., March 25, 1957
- Lawrence E. Lane, March 25, 1957
- James A. Lile, March 25, 1957
- Jim Nash, August 17, 1955
- Henry Cornelius, November 9, 1953
- B.A. Reynolds. May 14, 1940
- James Dawkins, July 21, 1931
Contact Annette Nichols, Division Three Safety Manager, Oklahoma Department of Transportation, 580-332-1526.
Looking for old family photos of my husband’s family: Orin Johnson/Mary Johnson, James Mitchell Holliday/Sarah Jennie Huston, and Alexander Bonner Holliday/Minnie Mae Johnson. The family was originally from the Crescent, OK, area but have scattered from there. Contact Jill DeSplinter at email@example.com
Looking for two Otis Spunkmeyer cookie sheets that fit in the oven. Contact Pam at 405-224-4309.
Looking for the grave of Nannie Foreman Bushyhead, wife of Jessie W. Bushyhead. She moved to the Claremore, OK, area around 1860. Contact Evelyn Brashear at 72484 S. 4730 Rd., Westville, OK 74965.
Looking for the “Ark Children’s Rhyming Bible Story” series. Contact Jean Vanderslice at 12604 US Highway 412, Mooreland, OK 73852.
Looking for Jeanie Wisdom, who worked at Baldor in Fort Smith, Arkansas in 1978-1980. She worked in data entry. Her family may have lived in Moore, OK, and she had a son named Paul. Contact Wanda Karnes at 479-646-4806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for oil paintings by Lorene Lohmann Miller. She lived in Tonkawa, OK. Contact Janene Daily at 5072134731 or email@example.com.
Looking for a copy of “Okie Dictionary.” Copies were issued in the mid ‘80s as part of a “Develop Okie Pride” campaign. Copies are approximately 4 X 6 inch bound booklets. Will pay reasonable price and postage. Contact R.J. Lund at 580-323-8145.
Plumb Theatre will celebrate 15 years of live music each weekend in March, with gospel on Fridays and country on Saturdays. The Plumb Theatre is a family-friendly theater located 5 1/2 miles east of Eufaula on State Highway 9E. Longtown, OK. For more information, call 918-452-2020.